Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EDCI5825 Final post

Responses to Week 6 Questions.

1. At the beginning of the semester, I had no familiarity with instructional technology.  My comfort level with technology was also low.  I would say that I had a steep learning curve over the course of the semester, as the course helped me achieve a level of comfort with several important technologies:  the smart board, the wiki and i-movie.  In particular, the wiki was the most user friendly tool and the most useful in terms of what I would use in my teaching practice.  I see the wiki as a place to gather useful resources and information and present it in a format with which students can interact.

2. Because all of this technology was completely new to me,  my learning with them was necessarily experimental.  I feel that some of my products are works in progress and will continue to improve.  The instructor did a good job of showing models of the different kinds of things we created so that the standard of work was high.

3. I definitely feel that I am comfortable moving forward in using the Smart Board, the wiki, and i-movie.  In fact, this was one of the greatest benefits of the class for me: improving my comfort level with these technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment